Saturday, February 12, 2011

Spoilers, Sweetie - The Official Videos

Because I'm going mad (MAD I tell you!) waiting for Doctor Who to start back up again (why, WHY do I have to wait until Easter!? And which Easter!? There's like three different Easter dates!!) I'm going to be running a segment every Saturday that's going to be talking about the rumors and spoilers for the upcoming New-Who Season 6 (or season 32 overall).

Here's how I'm planning on this to work. Every installment will be on a general theme with accompanying videos, pictures, and links (if available) that we can all nit-pick to pieces. That said, if my theme sucks or if anyone is too excited to not talk about something else, ignore the post entirely and talk about it!

If you have an idea for a theme you want me to cover, drop me a line or leave a comment with what you want me to write about.

Or, if you would rather write the post yourself, feel free! We can either get in contact so you can e-mail me the completed article or I can make you a contributor to this blog so you can post it yourself. (You will need a Google ID to do that last one. If you have g-mail a Google ID is like a single extra step away.)

Now that we've gotten all that out of the way, onto the spoilers! We'll be starting off easy this week and stick with some of the official videos released for Season 6 so far.

For those of you that don't want to be spoiled, this is your last chance! As for the rest of you, carry on!


Our first video is the trailer that was attached to the end of 2010's Christmas Special. Like all good trailers it drives the viewer mad with excitement while not revealing any clues on what may be in the future. It does tell us that the Fez may return though!



Our next video, a commercial for BBC America showing off, once again, that Doctor Who managed to get the budget to actually film across the pond.


The last bit of official video that I could find talking about Season 6 is from... Well I don't know what it's from. But that is the Muppet, so it has to be fairly official!


So what does this tell us? That there will be terrifying doll things! The Ood come back, but with green glowy evil eyes instead of red! River comes back (and she may be naked)! The Doctor continues to fail at being able to fly his own Tardis! We'll find out about the Silence and who River really is and that will, most likely, raise more questions instead of fewer!

Have at it!