In an effort to ensure the safety of our community, we ask you to be aware of these triggers and warn for them when they come up. Discussion involving triggering content is not prohibited, but be respectful of our members and warn for them. If you’re posting an image, please post the image in a link or within a collapsed thread that has the trigger warning in the parent comment.
If you are bothered by a comment, you can report it for its triggering content (even if your trigger is not already on the list) and we will do our best to rectify the situation.
Any rot13 within this post contains addendums to the specific triggers that may be upsetting to read for those affected by the trigger.
Questioning or making fun of the inclusion of any of these will not be tolerated.
- Images of spiders
- Discussion of spiders
- Images of bugs/insects
- Discussion of bugs/insects
- Trypophobia (fear of clustered holes; ex: beehives, sponges, lotus seed heads)
- Sexual assault
- Rape apologism
- Sexual abuse
- Domestic abuse
- Parental abuse
- Animal abuse/death
- Eye gore (including oyrrqvat be erzbiny)
- Body horror
- Eating disorders
- Emetophobia (vomiting)
- Body image
- Images of escalators
- Audio of snapping fingers
- Animals in wigs
Discussion and images of fire/burning/immolation (
cigarettes, candles etc. are okay, but open fire, buildings on fire, burnt skin etc. need to be warned for)
Pictures from high places
- With regards to our epileptic/photosensitive members, please abstain from posting flashing/blinking GIFs and flashing/blinking text GIFs. If you're posting a video or a link with flashing then that’s okay, so long as you give a warning for it.
- Capnophobia (text/images of smoking, cigarettes and similar)
Specific media to warn for:
- Images from "The Body" (an episode from Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- Images of Warren's death (a character from Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- Images and discussion of Nina Tucker, Shou Tucker, and chimeras (from Fullmetal Alchemist/FMA:B)