Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mark Watches ‘Doctor Who’: S05E10 – Vincent and the Doctor

Over at 'Watches' the review for 'Vincent and the Doctor' should be up soon.

Spoilers (and Van Gogh appreciation!) below.

I'm not ashamed to admit it. My favorite painter is quite possibly one of the most famous artists to ever live. Vincent van Gogh, I love you. I love everything about you from your tragic life to your art to the conspiracy theory that you got your ear cut off in a wild duel and then lied about it to protect the friend who did the cutting. I love how you paint light and the sky. I love 'Starry Night.' I love your sunflowers. I'm proud that the only two prints I've ever spent serious money on were 'Wild Roses' and 'Peach Tree in Bloom.'

If I had a time machine, Vincent, you would be high on my list to visit and hug. I love this episode for doing this for me.




EDIT: Happy Birthday Vincent!